EUSEW 2017 – what a week!
2290 participants, 422 speakers, organisers of 50 networking activities – and not forgetting an impressive 22 749 Award voters … thanks to everyone who helped make the 2017 EU Sustainable Energy Week policy conference such a success!
The 2017 EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) policy conference brought together leaders and innovators to accelerate the transition to clean energy for all Europeans. Along with side events, participants enjoyed a week of debate, idea-sharing and discovery to inspire new initiatives to promote energy-saving and renewables.
This success would not have been possible without the enthusiasm and commitment of everyone involved. The EUSEW secretariat would like to thank session speakers, networking activity organisers, presenters and, of course, participants for making this another impressive EUSEW policy conference.
Watch replays of web-streamed Conference policy sessions and the Ambassadors’ debate
Policy sessions, networking activities, EUSEW Awards and special events celebrated the power of innovation to drive a cleaner, inclusive, sustainable economy. Highlights this year included the first EUSEW Ambassador’s debate, where leading sustainable energy advocates shared experiences and their vision for Europe’s energy future; and the EUSEW Awards, which celebrated finalists’ inspiring projects along with a sneak peek at new energy-generating textiles. Conference participants also discovered eight ready-for-market sustainable-energy inventions in the fast-paced SparkShow, and took part in a trial of innovative low-energy lamps that remove pollutants from the air.
For an idea of the scale of this year’s event, here are some key statistics:
- Over 2290 participants
- 63 policy sessions
- 16 permanent exhibitors
- 34 Networking Village activities
- 399 speakers in policy sessions and the Networking Village
- 12 finalists
- 22 749 votes in the Citizens’ Award – more than double last year’s total
- 728 sign-ins and over 700 likes
- over 300 downloads and 326 unique profiles
- Around 64 500 visits in the month leading up to the conference
- Over 207 000 page views in the same period
- Over 12 000 social media mentions – and trending for three consecutive days
- Potential reach: 3.8 million Twitter accounts each day
- 14 154 Facebook live viewers across 12 sessions
- 3200 views for the opening sessions; 3100 for the Awards
- Over 1200 Periscope viewers
A big thank you to everyone who made EUSEW 2017 such a great success – and to the organisers of local Energy Days across Europe.
We look forward to seeing you again at EUSEW 2018. Until then, continue to lead, share and inspire Europe’s move to sustainable energy!