The AmBIENCe webinar series (2 of 3): Enablers and barriers for the Active Building EPC: Flexibility
The Horizon 2020 project AmBIENCe is launching a series of interactive webinars to discuss with stakeholders the concept of Active Building Energy Performance Contracting (Active Building EPC). All webinars will take place in June.
Compared to the traditional concept of EPC, AmBIENCe includes flexibility through Demand Response (DR) services and enlarges the scope to many more building types (residential, hospitals, education offices, commerce, etc.) and to groups of buildings under the concept of aggregators or (local) energy communities.
In the aim to provide new concepts and business models for Active Building EPC, we will start by discussing the regulatory enablers and barriers at EU and Member State level in the first webinar. We will then share views on the technical topic of flexibility from demand-side resources in the second webinar. Finally, we will deep-dive into the AmBIENCe innovative concept by discussing opportunities for Active Buildings in the development of future business models, building on the AmBIENCe questionnaires launched in April 2020.
In addition to presentations, the webinars will feature polling, discussions and Q&A session, making them highly interactive.
Enablers and barriers for the Active Building EPC: Flexibility - June 18, 15h-16.30h CEST
What we will discuss:
- What are the technical enablers and barriers of Active Building Energy Performance Contracting related to flexibility?
- Which factors affect flexibility and its valorization?
- How to turn buildings into Active buildings? through EPC, increasing both the energy efficiency and energy performance of a building?
- What are the smart energy services exploring flexibility from demand-side resources?
- How to further reduce losses or energy costs by adopting an Active Control approach of buildings?