At the Energy Talks, you will be able to deliver a 10-minute presentation on an innovative initiative, followed by a 10-minute Q&A session with the audience. Your chosen topic can be anything related to sustainable energy (projects, solutions, ideas, actions and so on), as long as interactivity and passion are at the forefront of your presentation!
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The call for Energy Talks of the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) 2019 is open to:
- Representatives of EU institutions, including inter-institutional bodies
- Stakeholders which fulfil the following criteria:
- Have a mandate to work as multipliers using a widespread network of contacts in Brussels and across Europe;
- Have a mandate to contribute to the development and implementation of sustainable energy policy in Europe.
Examples of eligible types of organisations include:
- International organisations;
- Networks of national, regional/local authorities, agencies, or other public bodies;
- Industry or professional associations;
- NGOs working in the field of sustainable development;
- Consumer associations/citizens’ groups;
- SMEs and start-ups.
Professional event organisers or businesses aiming to promote specific products or services are not eligible.
The Energy Talks will take place on 18, 19 and 20 June 2019.
The selected contributors will need to deliver a dynamic presentation that will stimulate interaction and discussion with the audience. Each Energy Talk session will last 20 minutes (a 10-minute presentation followed by 10 minutes of Q&A).
Presenters will be provided with a laptop with Wi-Fi connection, a projection screen and a microphone.
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
Proposals for the Energy Talks activities will be evaluated by a selection panel of European Commission officials. They will consider the information provided in the online application form and the following aspects:
Why do you want to give an Energy Talk? What is the expected outcome? What interactive elements are planned to stimulate discussion and debate with the participants? What actions will you take to promote your presence among the EUSEW participants and beyond?
What are the key elements of the proposed contribution? How do these fit with the ‘A Clean Planet for all’ long-term strategy? What are the solutions and benefits for society?
What innovative features does your contribution include?
DEADLINE AND NEXT STEPS
The deadline for applications is at 23.59 CET on 25 MARCH 2019. Please note that late submissions will not be considered. You will be informed of the results in May 2019. Apply now!
HOW TO CONTACT THE EUSEW SECRETARIAT?
Should you have any questions about the Energy Fair, please do not hesitate to contact the EUSEW Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org