ERA-Nets are transnational networks of national funders that work together to advance quicker with clean energy innovation. ERA-Net initiatives have proven that involving and linking partners from governments, industry and academia in transnational cooperative funding actions is a key to accelerate clean energy innovation. These networks could be developed thanks to support from the EC since FP6. Now, the event will focus on the future role of Joint Programming Platforms (JPP) in implementing the European Strategic Energy Technology (SET) Plan. Over the last years, the JPP on Smart Energy Systems (SES) and Joint Programming Initiative Urban Europe have started to manage multiple ERA-Nets under one umbrella. Following an impact network approach, they combine funded projects with associated partners from local businesses, additional financers and potential technology buyers. Can these approaches be considered as role model for the future?
The EUSEW event was initiated by the EC and is organised by JPP ERA-Net SES in cooperation with OCEANERA-NET COFUND and SOLAR-ERA.NET. Speakers from these networks, industry associations, policy makers, and funding agencies will partake.
As a participant, you will benefit from discussions on:
- How will national funding programs and Horizon Europe cooperate in order to speed up energy transition, contributing to SET-Plan and Energy Union goals?
- How will they effectively and efficiently link Technology and Innovation Platforms and RDI on EU and SET-Plan level with programs and activities on member state level?
- How can new JPPs reuse structures built up by existing JPPs and ERA-Nets?
- What is needed from stakeholders on national and EU level?
- How to cooperate with research programs beyond Europe?
- How to get from ERA-Nets to Horizon Europe Partnerships?
ERA-Net SES provides substantial contribution to turn SET-Plan Action 4 „Increase the resilience and security of the energy system" into action. SOLAR-ERA.NET addresses the first two SET-Plan key actions, namely performant renewable technologies integrated in the system and reducing costs of technologies. Members have been actively involved in the definition of the Implementation Plan for Photovoltaics. OCEANERA-NET COFUND contributes to SET-Plan Action 1 ("to sustain technological leadership by developing highly performant renewable technologies and their integration in the EU's energy system") and Action 2 ("to reduce the cost of key technologies") as well as the Ocean Energy Implementation Plan.