Born on January 31, 1959 in Sittard, the Netherlands, married, 3 children and 4 grandchildren.
His entire career focuses on scaling up and implementing environmental and energy technology.
A driven SME entrepreneur with worldwide experiences.
1977 - 1983
Agricultural University of Applied Sciences Wageningen (now: WUR) the Netherlands
Environmental technology / Water treatment
MBA International Executive Program
1984 - 1997
Paques BV in Balk, the Netherlands
- Process technologist on new anaerobic wastewater treatment systems ( UASB and IC)
- Technology & Licensing Manager; international roll-out and implementation of technologies
- Director Paques Solid Waste Systems BV; developing solid waste digestion system into pilotplant scale
- Director Biostar BV; developing biological flue gas desulfurization into pilot scale level
- Investment manager at Holland Environmental Venture Fund; Venture Capital.
1997 - 2018
MAGNETO special anodes BV (Schiedam NL and Suzhou CN)
1997 – 1999 General Manager
2000 – 2016 Owner of MAGNETO; grew the Dutch company from 4 to 11 million euro revenue
Expanded the technology scope by national and international projects and involving business partners and clients.
and founder of MAGNETO in Suzhou, China. Created the company from zero into 15 million euro revenue. Developing and implementing local required technologies.
2016 – 2018 Managing Director of MAGNETO after selling the company to EVOQUA water technologies LLC ( USA). www.evoqua.com.
2005 - present
REDstack BV (Blue Energy) in Sneek, the Netherlands
W&F Technologies BV in Schiedam and Wageningen, the Netherlands
Founder and Owner
Board Member and Chairman of the Dutch Association of Environmental Technology Companies ( VLM) (1993 – 1998)
Member of the Wetsus Supervisory Board; European centre of excellence for sustainable water technology ( 2015-present) (www.wetsus.nl)
Member of the board of the Dutch Marine Energy Centre ( 2019 – present)
Shareholder ( minority) in Tocardo BV, the Netherland; developing and implementing underwater turbines for tidal power generation ( 2018 – present) www.tocardo.com.
Secretary of the Caritas Foundation of the Catholic Church in my hometown. (2006 – present)