By 2050, an important share of electricity will need to come from renewables. On 20 June, the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), the two H2020 projects RESERVE & SOGNO, and the TSO/DSO platform team up to offer you a session that will look into the innovations and solutions that are needed on a technical, digital and market level to manage a power system with an increasing share of variable renewable sources.
IRENA will focus on the innovations for the integration of variable renewables into power systems, based on its recent analysis contained in the report “Innovation landscape for a renewable-powered future”. The RESERVE project, which develops techniques for a stable supply of purely renewable resources, and the SOGNO project, which is offering cloud solutions for DSOs to better monitor & control their networks, will present their latest findings.
ENTSO-E and the European associations representing DSOs (CEDEC, E.DSO, Eurelectric, GEODE), will present their report on Active System Management about integrating new flexibility services and using them for system and grid needs.
The main topics will be:
- Innovations for integration of variable renewables – presented by Francisco Boshell
- Vision from TSOs and DSOs on active system management – presented by Anne Sofie Ravndal Risnes and Luís Cunha
- Securing the Smart Grids up to 100% Renewables - RESERVE and SOGNO Projects Results - presented by Dr. Eng. Mihai PAUN
The panel of high-level speakers will be moderated by Ludwig Karg and will include:
- Frauke Thies (SmartEn)
- Brittney Elzarei (EASE)
- Aurélie Beauvais (Solar Power Europe)
- Pierre Tardieu (WindEurope)