SolarPower Europe is a member-led association, which aims to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system.
By 2050, the European economy ambitions to be climate neutral. To cope with the size of the challenge, European Member States will have to accelerate the deployment of renewable energies and foster significant investments in energy efficiency with a particular focus on the building stock, which accounts for 36% of CO2 emissions at EU level. Building Integrated PV technologies offer a unique opportunity in this regard. The so-called “solar-skin” unveils a future where every single component of a building – roof, façade, window – can contribute to generating renewable electricity. Even better, it provides highly innovative design features, combine a strong sense of aesthetics with the satisfactory feeling of addressing the climate urgency. Join us on the 18th of June for an exciting event, unveiling the next generation of Europe’s building stock!
• Philippa Nuttall Jones , Editor In Chief – FORESIGHT
- Paula Abreu-Marques, Head of Unit, Renewables and CCS policies, EU Commission - DG ENER
- Eric Scotto, CEO Akuo Energy, Chairman of SolarPower Europe’s BIPV Taskforce
- Alfonso Ponce-Alvarez, Associate Partner, Norman Fosters' Foster+Partners
- Walburga Hemetsberger, CEO SolarPower – Europe